Collected by Jason Seldon, AFAR Staff
2300 Webster St, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
In addition to fantastic and relatively cheap food, this is where you'll find the best backstory of any restaurant in Oakland. In 2011, James Syhabout, Oakland's only Michelin-starred chef (for his Commis, on Piedmont Avenue, which is Oakland's...
3935, 460 8th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Located in historical part of oakland and close to the metro, Trappist is considered one of the best bars in the country to get Belgian style beers. Lets just say if you are a beer lover, making a pilgrimage to this place is a must. They also...
827 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Old Oakland--the historic district west of Broadway and north of the port--is defined by its Victorian architecture and panoply of new hangouts, like the District Oakland wine and whiskey bar, pictured, cheek by jowl with longstanding institutions...
1909 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94606, USA
Packed into this Vietnamese sandwich, or bánh mì (bAHn-me), are spiced, crushed pork meatballs and a runny fried egg that gushes at first bite. A slather of pâté and mayonnaise melts into the fresh-toasted french loaf...and to top this classic...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years