Oahu Travel tips
Collected by Clare Olivares , AFAR Local Expert
Honolulu, HI 96744, USA
This used to be the old highway to get from the leeward to the windward side of the island. It was literally built into the side of a mountain and was barely hanging on. It’s now been replaced with a proper 4 lane highway complete with a tunnel,...
933 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
59-720 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
To find out the latest surf gossip, head to the Pupukea location of this grocery chain. Girls call it Dudeland because it’s where surfer guys hang out. —Hoku Haiku 59-720 Kamehameha Hwy., Haleiwa, (808) 638-8081. This appeared in the...
67-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
There are a lot of great places to eat in the North Shore town of Haleiwa but Kono's is by far my favorite. Their menu ranges from banana macadamia nut waffles to breakfast sliders (the biscuits are delicious!) to wraps to Kalua Pig in a variety...
Laniakea Beach, North Shore, HI 96712, USA
More commonly known as Turtle Beach, this Oahu North Shore cove often attracts honu, aka Chelonia mydas, the largest of the hard-shelled sea turtles. These big, friendly giants can reach 400 pounds as adults and are herbivorous, feeding primarily...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Meteor Shower of the Year, the Perseids, Peaks Soon
- 4 Cities We Love The Best Cities in the United States in 2020
- 5 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?