Collected by Brian Lahiere
Maunawili, HI 96734, USA
Eons of running water are responsible for Hawaii’s escarpments and canyons. After a rainfall, innocuous streams, pools, and waterfalls can swell to impressive sizes. For an easy hike, walk along the Maunawili Falls trail on Oahu to glimpse the...
Honolulu, HI 96825, USA
This fighter plane sank during a training exercise during WWII when the pilot ran out of gas and had to ditch the plane. It's a smaller wreck but still really cool, 97 feet to the sandy bottom. There are large schools of fish jammed into the...
2552 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
The act of surfing borders on the spiritual here, and each of Oahu's four coasts has its own wave-riding culture. South Shore is the birthplace of modern surfing at Waikiki Beach; North Shore's winter swells can top 12 meters, or 39 feet (but the...
1030 Smith St Suite 6, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA
Opal's Thai Restaurant is an outstanding culinary experience and must-try mainstay of Oahu's North Shore for "foodies" and "non foodies", alike. With crowds waiting hours and sometimes days for a seated table at this cozy and unpretentious room...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico