O, the places I will go!
Collected by Tyra Bedford-Anderson
When I'm traveling for an extended period of time I start to miss the comforts of home. No matter how fabulous my hotel is, sometimes I miss the simple pleasure of cooking a meal. On a recent visit to London I decided to rent an apartment so I...
Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
Meteora means "suspended in air" in Greek. The town of Meteora, about a 5-hour drive north of Athens in Thessaly, Greece, is home to a UNESCO World Heritage site: six Greek Orthodox monasteries built on enormous rock pinnacles that rise up to...
Freyung 6A, 1010 Wien, Austria
Located in the Inner Stadt, our room was in an old monastery that overlooked a cobblestone courtyard where an old man set up a basket stall every morning. The monastery is located near an apotheke (pharmacy) and a pretty fountain. The area is...
The Hotel St. Francis lays claim to being Santa Fe’s oldest hotel. Rebuilt in its current location in 1924, after a fire left its predecessor completely ravaged (save the brick chimney), the property formerly known as the De Vargas Hotel...
8447, 2499 Melru Ln, Escondido, CA 92026, USA
Deer Park Monastery is tucked away in the hills of Escondido and is based on the Buddhist traditions of the famous Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. It is a sister monastery to Plum Village in France, where Thich Nhat Hanh resides....
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna