Collected by Bryan Kinkade, AFAR Staff
14 Market St, Cold Spring, NY 10516, USA
As the Hudson river snaked around Constitution Island, 55 miles north of Manhattan, I imagined that I was an intrepid sailor on a Dutch East India company vessel sailing around the bend 400 years ago. But not for long. As waves lashed around me I...
San Juan, Puerto Rico
For an amazing three-day tropical escape from NYC, look no further than San Juan, PR. A clean, comfortable, and affordable option within striking distance of the airport (no car rental required) is the Marriott Isla Verde. Great long board/SUP...
2000 Oregon Rd, Mattituck, NY 11952, USA
On the North Fork of Long Island, Shinn Estate Farmhouse Inn is tucked away on a peaceful vineyard. Rooms are in the estate's historic 1880s homestead, and guests get to experience life on the vineyard—and taste the final product in the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village