Collected by Elizabeth Koffel
Manhattan, NY 10036, USA
Whenever I get back to the USA from my new European home, I just have to get to New York City. I'm from across the river in Jersey but feel that the city is a part of home, having been going here since I was a kid. And look, the top billboard here...
59 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
I suppose the Algonquin is an obvious pilgrimage for anyone with a fascination for the 1920s, but it certainly didn't disappoint. The ambience conjured everything I imagined of a legendary literary bolthole and more importantly my White Russian...
Randall Manor, Staten Island, NY, USA
One of the best and cheapest things you can do in New York City is take the FREE Staten Island Ferry to the little visited fifth borough. Most people just exit the ferry after the forty-minute ride in Staten Island and get back on the Manhattan...
180 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10007, USA
The amazing thing about the 2 reflecting pools - where the north and south towers once stood - is that try as hard as you will, you cannot see the bottom. You cannot tell what the depth is! I thought it was profound. Tickets required, free but...
200 Liberty St #20, New York, NY 10006, USA
We were lucky enough to book tickets to see the Memorial right after it opened in September 2011, at the end of a day filled with Occupy Wall Street drumming several blocks away, which seemed to keep the rest of the area relatively quiet....
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019