Collected by Barry Brown, AFAR Staff
100 Stanton St, New York, NY 10002, USA
Gooey, crispy, cheesy, buttery: The list of adjectives goes on for this Lower East Side grilled cheese purveyor. Don't expect the sammies Mom made for your after-school snack; no Wonderbread or Kraft singles here. Billed as "Super Fancy Grilled...
81 St Marks Pl, New York, NY 10003, USA
Food is a highly subjective love, of course, but my vote for the best bowl of Asian noodles in New York City goes to Xi'an Famous Foods. Most of their locations are small—you will likely wait, and in the summer it won't feel worth it. However,...
188 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002, USA
'They' say Rome has the best gelato in Italy. Since I haven't been to every town in Italy, I can't confirm that. Neither, though, can I deny it because when I tasted the gelato at Gelateria del Teatro while in Roma I definitely experienced...
195 Dekalb Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205, USA
Grab dinner at a funkyCheers-type South African restaurant that celebrates Nelson Mandela. This is one of the top hip spots—and I don’t ordinarily like using the wordhip. —Jason Lampkin As told to Linda Dyett. See all ofJason Lampkin’s favorite...
123 E 7th St, New York, NY 10009, USA
It often seems there are as many cupcake shops in NYC, as there are hipsters. Everyone has a favorite. Butter Lane on East 7th (and now in Park Slope also on Seventh) is one of mine. They don't have the most inventive flavors in the world, though...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 2Where to Go in FallEurope’s Most Overlooked Region Is Ready for Its Close-Up
- 3Where to Go in FallThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 4Cities We LoveTokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen)
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World