Norway + Denmark
Collected by Anne Wright
Utzon Center, Slotspladsen 4, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
The late Danish architect Jørn Utzon is best known as the man behind the iconic Sydney Opera House. He was also one of Aalborg’s most famous residents, and the Utzon Center, on the revitalized waterfront, is a striking reminder of his talent and...
Kong Christians Alle 50, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
This airy modern-art museum is fresh from a multimillion-dollar renovation that includes a new, factory-like exhibition space, the Black Box, to accompany Alvar Aalto’s all-white galleries. Noteworthy masterpieces, from the likes of Marc Chagall...
Vendilavej 11, 9400 Nørresundby, Denmark
Just outside the city, on the grassy hillocks of Lindholm, sits this well-preserved Viking burial site of 682 graves. There is a museum that explains the history of the Viking settlement in the region, but it is when you walk the site—with its...
Gammeltorv 2, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
The 15th-century old town, with its open squares and buildings that resemble dollhouses, is more than just a pretty photo opportunity. It’s an area full of authentic charms, home to a cathedral, several churches and half-timbered houses. Insiders...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village