Collected by Jeanne Hoffmann
0791 Oslo, Norway
Take the subway-line 'Holmenkollen' to its end station and there you'll find Frognerseteren; a popular attraction to both tourists and locals. Originally a shieling belonging to ancient Frogner Manor, the building now houses a restaurant dating...
Tryvann, Oslo Municipality, Norway
Tryvann is a nice little area within Nordmarka (another afar.com highlight), that has everything you can ask for in a forest. Tryvannshøgda, a large hill, overlooks the three small lakes: Skomakertjern, Lille Tryvann, and Store Tryvann. The...
The island of Stokkøya, just off Norway’s west coast, is for people whose idea of a “wild” beach retreat means untouched dunes, not all-night DJ dance parties. Stokkøya Sjøsenter began as a campsite but now offers accommodations for every budget....
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map