Collected by david giersdorf
Nærøyfjord, Aurland, Norway
You can cruise the fjords by either going on the "Norway in a Nutshell" tour or doing it on your own. Getting to the fjords isn’t as easy you think. You need to take a series of trains, buses and ferries. After a lot of research, I found that the...
Skagen 27, 4006 Stavanger, Norway
Scandinavian winters can be harsh--but don't let that stop you from visiting Norway when temperatures drop and daylight wanes. Stavanger is the third largest city there, boasting seascapes and hugging fjords all around, but it is quite a small...
Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Exploring the ice floes and glaciers of the high Arctic—particularly around Spitsbergen Island, the largest in the Svalbard Archipelago—can be especially serene in a kayak. The icy waters here are still, quiet, and crystal clear, and paddling near...
119 W 56th St, New York, NY 10019, USA
One of the best-kept secrets in NYC (secret from tourists, that is) is the Burger Joint. The entrance is almost completely hidden behind floor-to-ceiling, Oz-like velvet curtains in the lobby of the upscale Le Parker Meridien hotel. The Burger...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles