Collected by k stephenson
Sjøgata 21, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
But bring a change of underwear (or two), as "the night" in Tromsø lasts from November 21 until January 21, with the short dawn bringing stunning light conditions. Despite the dark, the town is alive with festivals and cultural events, with an...
Bankgata 1, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
If you are in Tromsø and want to see the Northern Lights outside the city, away from the light pollution, choose Arctic Guide Service. For about an hour, they drive towards dark places while they give information about Tromsø, explanations about...
Storgata 4, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Tromsø’s oldest watering hole, operating since 1927, was for years part of the Mack Brewery. Production of Mack now takes place elsewhere, but the beer hall remains. A must-do for beer lovers, Ølhallen presents over 50 beers on tap, including all...
Strandgata 14, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Although famed for its lively nightlife and rock concerts, the distinctive pale blue building housing Blårock Café is worth visiting during the day, when you can sample the burger menu and an extensive range of beers. The influence of rock and...
Lönnrotinkatu 34, 00180 Helsinki, Finland
I love going to markets. In Helsinki, a visit to the dockside Kauppatori was a must for me. I had also planned a visit to the Hakaniemen Market Hall only to find out, after I landed in Helsinki, that it was closed due to renovations....
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now