Collected by Ryan Whisner
The 85-acre Chaparrí Reserve is named for Chaparrí Mountain, considered sacred by Peruvian shamans. The dry forest is home to animals such as the llamalike guanaco, the Andean condor, and the spectacled bear (shown above). Reservations required....
Witness the way surfing has been done for thousands of years at Huanchaco beach, about 20 minutes north of Trujillo. You can take a lesson in riding caballitos de totora (reed boats) from master builders that set up all over the beach. Brothers...
A point break an hour north of Trujillo, Chicama produces some of the longest left-hand waves in the world. Surfers should book a room at the Chicama Surf Resort; a Zodiac service tows guests back after long rides. During Semana Santa (Holy Week,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village