Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Collected by AFAR Explorer
Westmore, VT, USA
Tucked away in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom, Lake Willoughby sits in the cleft between two mountains. The high, steep walls left us with an otherworldly feeling, like we'd wandered into a Scottish loch or a Norwegian fjord. But the delicious pizza...
1281 Waterbury Stowe Rd Route 100, Waterbury, VT 05676, USA
Down a quiet street in central Vermont is a mecca for ice cream lovers: the original Ben & Jerry's factory! While they've expanded production to a second factory elsewhere in Vermont, you can still tour the original factory. When you arrive, check...
26 Central St, Woodstock, VT 05091, USA
Stepping into Who is Sylvia? is like entering the collective closets of all of New England's sassiest grandmothers. The treasures to plunder include embroidered Edwardian baby clothes, mink stoles, rhinestone brooches and felt cloches. When I was...
A hidden gem among local hikers. This small but ample trail system provides enough mileage for day hikers looking for up and back loops. Terrain is easy enough for kids to enjoy and there is surely enough flora and fauna around to pique their...
Whiteface Intervale Rd, Sandwich, NH 03259, USA
We were driving towards Chocorua trail head on the southern edge of the White Mountains, when I made a last ditch effort for a change in plans. I am always game for an adventure, but on this humid summer day, I was not enthused about a summit...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands