Collected by Jill Masterson
14710 Vierville-sur-Mer, France
June 6, 1944: "Bloody" Omaha Beach saw terrible losses among the 1st and 29th US Divisions, the most costly of the D-Day battles. The sculpture, "Les Braves," by Anilore Banon, was commissioned by the French government to celebrate the 60th...
Rue du Bienvenu, 14400 Bayeux, France
Experience one of the best Cathedrals in Europe. We went to Bayeux to see the tapestry and discovered this amazing place and were blown away when we got inside. If you go to Normandy do not pass this town, the Bayeux tapestry, 70m of tapestry...
Le Bourg, 14430 Beuvron-en-Auge, France
La Cave de Beuvron is located in Beuvron-en-Auge one of the main stops on La Route du Cidre in Normandy, a driving circuit that is breathtakingly beautiful. The shop owners are extremely friendly folks and very knowledgeable on the area, they are...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights