Collected by Amy Pflughaupt
Pfeiffer Big Sur Rd, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
Hikes in Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park lead you through redwoods, meadows, oak chaparral, to waterfalls and the sparkling Big Sur River. Views of the massive tree-covered Santa Lucia Mountains and the expansive blue ocean will stick with you for a...
Point Sur, California 93940, USA
On a craggy rock in north Big Sur, the Point Sur lighthouse has beamed through furious fog, rain, and wind since 1889. Volunteers lead moonlit tours from late April through October that allow visitors access to the lighthouse tower, old housing...
47080 CA-1, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
Retro furniture, bright textiles, and in-room yoga mats characterize the Glen Oaks motel. Guests who book the Big Sur Cabin can stargaze from an outdoor clawfoot tub. From $225. (831) 667-2105. This appeared in the June/July 2013 issue.
Sycamore Canyon Rd, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
Driving up the California coast to Big Sur there are a lot of beautiful beaches, but I had my eye set on Pfeiffer Beach because of the photos I saw online. It is very hard to find - you take a narrow side street with little signage for 2 miles...
655 El Camino Real, Salinas, CA 93907, USA
If you are not on a tight schedule, I highly recommend taking the Coastal Starlight train by Amtrak all the way down the coast. It is less expensive than flying, there is tons of leg room, a really cool "observation" car that has extra wide...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local