Collected by Nisha Balaraman
Nisha Balaraman′s Wishlist
Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron, Leopoldskronstraße 56-58, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Few buildings have made history like the Schloss Leopoldskron. The Rococo castle is located on a picturesque lake, and has served as a location for more than one momentous occasion. King Louis I once threw a lavish engagement party for Emperor...
Fürstenweg 37, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
While the 17th-century Italian-style Renaissance palace at Hellbrunn is splendid, and its spacious park is filled with grottoes, sculptures, and fountains, the real draw is the unique Wasserspiele, or "trick fountains," which feature water...
Rudolfskai 38, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Austria is known for its Kaffeekultur, but for the best coffee around, skip the traditional coffee houses and stop by Kaffee Alchemie. The owner, a Norwegian coffee-aficionado, is a renowned judge of such events as the World Barista Championships....
Sankt-Peter-Bezirk 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Explore St. Peter’s Monastery as a spot where once the old monks used to walk. Step into history and feel like you’re being transferred into the oldest community of monks on German-speaking soil. Do not miss taking a closer look at St. Peter’s...
Mirabellplatz, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Follow the sound of music to the iconic Mirabell Palace and Gardens, where Fräulein Maria and the von Trapp children delightfully sang "Do-Re-Mi." Mirabell has become a dream destination for marriage ceremonies, boasting what some call the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village