Collected by Irene Waggener
As the wooden boat glides along the calm waters of the Niger River, white-faced ducks scatter upwards into the evening sky. Further along the shore, elephants lumber down the muddy bank. On the other side, a family of warthogs darts between clumps...
Walking alongside a herd of wild giraffes quietly grazing in the acacia-specked countryside is a welcome respite from the bustle of Niger's capital, Niamey. Located roughly 60 kilometers southeast of the city, the Kouré Giraffe Reserve is easily...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun