Collected by Irene Waggener
As the wooden boat glides along the calm waters of the Niger River, white-faced ducks scatter upwards into the evening sky. Further along the shore, elephants lumber down the muddy bank. On the other side, a family of warthogs darts between clumps...
Walking alongside a herd of wild giraffes quietly grazing in the acacia-specked countryside is a welcome respite from the bustle of Niger's capital, Niamey. Located roughly 60 kilometers southeast of the city, the Kouré Giraffe Reserve is easily...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna