Collected by Kareem Yasin, AFAR Contributor
Lykabittos, Nicosia, Cyprus
Wonder what to do with all those old buttons? In Northern Cyprus (Turkish Cyprus) I saw a market in Nicosia that displayed these relics in a fun and colorful way. I love how the buttons are individually nailed, and can be purchased one by one, or...
Agios Sozomenos, Cyprus
The remains of a Venetian-style church in the abandoned village of Ayios Sozomenos, a 10 minute drive from the capital Nicosia. It was likely built in the pre-Ottoman period, like a number of the churches in Cyprus. The village was abandoned...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos