Collected by Kareem Yasin, AFAR Contributor
Lykabittos, Nicosia, Cyprus
Wonder what to do with all those old buttons? In Northern Cyprus (Turkish Cyprus) I saw a market in Nicosia that displayed these relics in a fun and colorful way. I love how the buttons are individually nailed, and can be purchased one by one, or...
Agios Sozomenos, Cyprus
The remains of a Venetian-style church in the abandoned village of Ayios Sozomenos, a 10 minute drive from the capital Nicosia. It was likely built in the pre-Ottoman period, like a number of the churches in Cyprus. The village was abandoned...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 4Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years