Collected by Kareem Yasin, AFAR Contributor
Lykabittos, Nicosia, Cyprus
Wonder what to do with all those old buttons? In Northern Cyprus (Turkish Cyprus) I saw a market in Nicosia that displayed these relics in a fun and colorful way. I love how the buttons are individually nailed, and can be purchased one by one, or...
Agios Sozomenos, Cyprus
The remains of a Venetian-style church in the abandoned village of Ayios Sozomenos, a 10 minute drive from the capital Nicosia. It was likely built in the pre-Ottoman period, like a number of the churches in Cyprus. The village was abandoned...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December