Collected by Kareem Yasin , AFAR Contributor
Lykabittos, Nicosia, Cyprus
Wonder what to do with all those old buttons? In Northern Cyprus (Turkish Cyprus) I saw a market in Nicosia that displayed these relics in a fun and colorful way. I love how the buttons are individually nailed, and can be purchased one by one, or...
Agios Sozomenos, Cyprus
The remains of a Venetian-style church in the abandoned village of Ayios Sozomenos, a 10 minute drive from the capital Nicosia. It was likely built in the pre-Ottoman period, like a number of the churches in Cyprus. The village was abandoned...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May