Collected by Leah Madsen
Built in the 1880's, León's Municipal Theater (officially known as the "Teatro Municipal José de la Cruz Mena") is one of the best performance venues in this colonial city. Restored a couple of decades ago, it's also air-conditioned--a big plus in...
Calle Real Xalteva, Granada, Nicaragua
This highlight come from this past winter when I was living and traveling through Central America. While I had a base in Coco, Costa Rica, I spent three months traveling around Central America, including Monteverde, Palo Verde National Park, and...
Calle Rubén Darìo, Av. Central Nte., León, Nicaragua
I've never seen avocados as big as the ones that come from the 'fincas' (rural farms) around León (map in the background). Just this one fruit--large enough for an entire bowl of guacamole! Nicaragua's volcanic soil--about as fertile as it gets......
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico