Collected by B Williams
Lake Nicaragua, Nicaragua
Guests at Jicaro Island Ecolodge, a nine-casita resort in the middle of Lake Nicaragua, can kayak around the lake's 365 islets which formed when the Mombacho volcano erupted thousands of years ago. Early morning is the best time for spotting birds...
Granada is the second oldest Spanish settlement in the western hemisphere, founded in 1524, and reflects Andalusian architecture. A lovely square with vendors, some nice little shops with local handicrafts, and carriage rides. Located on Lake...
Definitely off-the-beaten path, the Treehouse requires precise directions, good pronunciation and a firm will to find. Hop on the bus or take a collectivo from Granada towards the coast about 15 minutes from town, ask to be dropped off at "Poste...
Isletas de Granada, Nicaragua
The Islets of Granada is one of the top things to see in Granada. The islets are a group of 365 small islands that were created when Mombacho volcano blew much of its cone into the lake thousands of years ago. Some of the islands are privately...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico