Collected by onnalee macdonald , AFAR Staff
Family trip highlights in Nicaragua
You may not know it, but in the middle of Lake Nicaragua – a lake that makes Lake Tahoe seem like a swimming pool, lies the magical island of Ometepe. It’s home to not one, but two volcanoes, a seemingly endless shoreline and a plethora of organic...
Playa Hermosa, Nicaragua
On a family adventure we hired a local guide to take us to some local surf spots. The surf was up, and the beach was pretty empty. Our guides jeep broke down (I guess not uncommon), so we made use of some extra time to explore the rocks and enjoy...
I couldn't get enough of the sites and churches, and old historic buildings in this beautiful colonial city. The La Merced Church is located only a couple blocks away from the central park of Granada. Built in 1534, is flanked by a large tower...
Playa Manzanillo, Nicaragua
The beautiful lobby area of the resort is the perfect place to have a drink and enjoy a book, or hang out with friends. I couldn't get enough of the decor at the property, everything has that elegant but still casual beach vibe. Wonderfully...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time