Collected by Sarah Belau
Volcan del Hoyo, Nicaragua
For the best view I think Ive ever seen, I would recommend the El Hoyo trek run by quetzaltrekkers in Leon. Not only do you get to bathe in a laguna, see a giant sink hole, and volcano board, you get to camp here... the orange tents were us!
Av Central, León, Nicaragua
...a few of the colorful "portales" in the colonial city of León, Nicaragua...The streetscape may often be dusty in this lowland tropical city, (it rains only half the year here), but the doorways are almost always colorful. Behind many a...
Barrio San Cristobal, Managua, Nicaragua
There is an art and a skill to filming food. You have to keep it bright, shiny, and juicy and you have to surround it with people who are passionate about food. You can paint that hamburger with soy sauce to make it pop, but you also need people...
Carlos Fonseca, Managua, Nicaragua
Managua has two main markets: the Huembes market and the Oriental market. Although Huembes is considered by locals to be the "tourist" market, I'd actually recommend it over Oriental because it's safer, easier to get around, less chaotic, and (as...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter