NeXT Euro Run
Collected by AFAR Explorer
Piazza Sant'Ambrogio, 15, 20123 Milano MI, Italy
Saint Ambrose, the first Bishop of Milan, was a lawyer by training, and a diplomat by nature. Legend has it that bees swarmed to his honeyed voice--the patron saint of Milan is also the patron saint of beekeepers! One of the most influential...
Swain's Ln, Highgate, London N6 6PJ, UK
Dating back to the 1800's, Highgate was a fashionable place for burials and was much admired and visited. The Victorian attitude to death and its presentation led to the creation of a wealth of Gothic tombs and buildings. It occupies a spectacular...
Strada Comunale Serra, 1, 14055 Annunziata, Costigliole d'Asti AT, Italy
Winemaker Renato Ratti recently opened to the public his family’s 18th-century, 13-room villa in the Piedmont countryside. An old cellar stores decades’ worth of Ratti wines. Guided tastings can be arranged upon request, and bottles can be shipped...
Charlottenstraße 49, 10117 Berlin, Germany
With an ever-lengthening list of honors, including a Four-Star Award from Forbes in 2017, Berlin’s five-star Regent isn’t short of an official accolade or two—and it’s easy to see why. With Biedermeier furniture and...
Mühlenstraße 3-100, 10243 Berlin, Germany
The most famous remaining stretch of the Berlin Wall gets its name from its location on the east side of the Spree River, as well as from its collection of political and satirical murals. Originally painted just after the wall fell, the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Travel News “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Natural Wonders California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements for U.S. Travelers