New Zealand - Jan 2017
Collected by Kara Bachman
Tawa and Huia Street, Oneroa, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Perched just up the hill from the white sands of Oneroa Beach on Waiheke Island, the Boatshed fulfills the wainscoted, shuttered, pitch-roofed holiday images that dwell in the minds of beach lovers the world over. Originally the vacation cottages...
6 Tweed St, Herne Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
Built in 1870 as the family home of the first mayor of Auckland, Archibald Clark, Mollies was occupied for a short time by nuns before being turned into a hotel by entrepreneur Mollie Wilson in the 1950s. Today, the design of the boutique hotel...
Karekare 0772, New Zealand
There are those who claim that “West is Best,” and it’s pretty hard to argue with them if you’re standing on one of Auckland’s West Coast beaches. From the wild seas of Piha to the black sands of Karekare Beach—made famous by the movie The Piano—...
1 North West Anchorage, Omaha Beach 0946, New Zealand
The postcard-perfect sandy white Omaha Beach is only 10min away from the township of Matakana. Its calm waters make it a favourite for water skiers; there's a good boat ramp to launch your fishing expedition from; and surf lifesavers patrol it...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now