New Zealand - Jan 2017
Collected by Kara Bachman
Tawa and Huia Street, Oneroa, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Perched just up the hill from the white sands of Oneroa Beach on Waiheke Island, the Boatshed fulfills the wainscoted, shuttered, pitch-roofed holiday images that dwell in the minds of beach lovers the world over. Originally the vacation cottages...
6 Tweed St, Herne Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
Built in 1870 as the family home of the first mayor of Auckland, Archibald Clark, Mollies was occupied for a short time by nuns before being turned into a hotel by entrepreneur Mollie Wilson in the 1950s. Today, the design of the boutique hotel...
Karekare 0772, New Zealand
There are those who claim that “West is Best,” and it’s pretty hard to argue with them if you’re standing on one of Auckland’s West Coast beaches. From the wild seas of Piha to the black sands of Karekare Beach—made famous by the movie The Piano—...
1 North West Anchorage, Omaha Beach 0946, New Zealand
The postcard-perfect sandy white Omaha Beach is only 10min away from the township of Matakana. Its calm waters make it a favourite for water skiers; there's a good boat ramp to launch your fishing expedition from; and surf lifesavers patrol it...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village