Collected by AFAR Explorer
518 Whitmore Rd, Laly Haddon Place, Tawharanui Peninsula 0986, New Zealand
About an hour north of Auckland, Matakana is an eclectic coastal town that attracts city slickers with its bohemian food, wine, and arts scene. With only four lodge rooms situated on a working vineyard near the entrance to the gorgeous Takatu...
2 High St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
This funky boutique hotel on the edge of the Britomart shopping district goes way back in Auckland history. Built in 1841 as The Commercial Hotel, the DeBrett building survived two fires and two rebuilds plus a stint as a hostel before becoming...
61 Albert St, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
A well-known publican named Thomas Foley established the Shakespeare Hotel and Brewery a few blocks from the Auckland harbor in 1898. Foley grew up in the building and painstakingly rebuilt the property out of red bricks he imported from...
Tawa and Huia Street, Oneroa, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
Perched just up the hill from the white sands of Oneroa Beach on Waiheke Island, the Boatshed fulfills the wainscoted, shuttered, pitch-roofed holiday images that dwell in the minds of beach lovers the world over. Originally the vacation cottages...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys