Collected by Kelly Vicars
Have Seen's & Must Do's
Tekapo 7999, New Zealand
We toured the South Island of New Zealand with Active New Zealand in 2010. The last night was spent at Braemar Station, a sheep ranch near Mt. Cook. I could have shared the photo of the meal, which was a delicious grilled salmon we'd purchased...
South Island 7072, New Zealand
Warm fire, running water (that should be treated or boiled), toilets, tables, and benches: The Angelus Hut. After a gloomy morning with two hours of straight up-hill climbing in the rain, followed by an hour in a trail-shack playing hearts with...
Waipoua Forest 0376, New Zealand
As I turned the bend of the trail, the sight of this massive ancient tree took my breath away. Te Matua Ngahere the 'Father of the Forest', has a trunk over five metres in diameter, believed to be the widest girth of any kauri tree in New Zealand....
216 Okuti Valley Rd, Okuti Valley 7591, New Zealand
A farm-style experience about an hour from Christchurch, Okuti Garden caters to travelers who love to create and play. An art box encourages crafting; “tree circles” are great for yoga and meditation; and a small lake features a boat...
Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
In mid-May I spent a day kayaking in the idyllic Milford Sound—my first day in New Zealand. The water was cool and clean and the fog gave the Sound a mysterious feel. Kayaking offered the opportunity to get up close with some playful fur seal...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign