Collected by Ma Ba
63 Cron Street, Franz Josef Glacier 7859, New Zealand
If there is one activity not to be missed in New Zealand, it's getting to explore Franz Josef Glacier in the South Island. One of the only glaciers in the world that drops down into a temperate rainforest, Franz Josef is a wonder to behold. The...
Milford Track, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
Steve from Trips and Tramps makes a great tour guide through the Milford Track. The guided half-day hike, an easy seven miles on a well-groomed trail, was just a tease—given the time, the full four-day, 33-mile track would be well worth it. We...
State Highway 6, Gibbston Valley, Queenstown 9384, New Zealand
Bungee jumping was invented in New Zealand, so if you're going to try it anywhere in the world, shouldn't it be at the world's first commercial bungee site? With a 140-foot drop from an old bridge straddling a beautiful turquoise river, the...
Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
In mid-May I spent a day kayaking in the idyllic Milford Sound—my first day in New Zealand. The water was cool and clean and the fog gave the Sound a mysterious feel. Kayaking offered the opportunity to get up close with some playful fur seal...
585 Waitomo Caves Rd, Waitomo 3977, New Zealand
Waitomo, on New Zealand’s North Island, is known mostly for its glowworms. This is one of the few places in the world where they exist and millions of visitors descend onto the village every year to walk through the dark caves and see the sparkly...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands