Collected by suzanne michelsen
South Island 7183, New Zealand
New Zealand's smallest national park certainly packs a punch. Unlike so many of the great ragged mountains that dot the country, Abel Tasman curves along the north coast of the South Island, peppered with golden sand beaches and steep cliffs that...
Queen Charlotte Sound (Totaranui), New Zealand
Queen Charlotte Sound is the gateway to the South Island, an honor that it shares with the other Marlborough Sounds. One of the best and most traditional ways to make the journey from the North to South Islands is by ferry from Wellington into...
230 Jacksons Rd, Blenheim 7240, New Zealand
A wonderful experience at a winery that has been one of our favorites for 20 years! Our family's special wine and a visit to where it all started. Our sons proposed to their wives with a bottle of Cloudy Bay and all of our important family...
14 Beach St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
There’s a little wine bar right in the heart of Queenstown that provides just about all the comforts of home. Complete with leather armchairs and fireplace, it’s a perfect place to take a wine tour of over 80 award wining New Zealand wines,...
17 Marine Parade, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
My husband and I enjoyed our best dinner in Queenstown at the Botswana Butchery (named after the country of origin of its first chef). The restaurant has two seatings for dinner in the main dining room, at six and eight in the evening. Because we...
- 1 Travel Rewards + Air Miles United Is Switching up Its Frequent Flier Awards Program
- 2 National Parks How to Visit the National Parks for Free in 2019
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Air Travel Finally, Nonstop Flights From United States to Cape Town Are Coming
- 5 Travel News Single-Use Plastics Will Be Banned in Europe by 2021