Collected by suzanne michelsen
Pohara 7183, New Zealand
There aren't too many hikes in the world that start with a ride on a water taxi, but that's how our hike on the Abel Tasman Trail began. We boarded our Sea Shuttle taxi off the beach in Kaiteriteri at 9:15am. Our taxi took us past a tiny island...
Queen Charlotte Sound (Totaranui), New Zealand
Queen Charlotte Sound is the gateway to the South Island, an honor that it shares with the other Marlborough Sounds. One of the best and most traditional ways to make the journey from the North to South Islands is by ferry from Wellington into...
230 Jacksons Rd, Blenheim 7240, New Zealand
A wonderful experience at a winery that has been one of our favorites for 20 years! Our family's special wine and a visit to where it all started. Our sons proposed to their wives with a bottle of Cloudy Bay and all of our important family...
14 Beach St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
There’s a little wine bar right in the heart of Queenstown that provides just about all the comforts of home. Complete with leather armchairs and fireplace, it’s a perfect place to take a wine tour of over 80 award wining New Zealand wines,...
17 Marine Parade, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
My husband and I enjoyed our best dinner in Queenstown at the Botswana Butchery (named after the country of origin of its first chef). The restaurant has two seatings for dinner in the main dining room, at six and eight in the evening. Because we...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now