Collected by Serena Renner, AFAR Contributor
Jackson Bay 7886, New Zealand
While staying at a local B&B, our host told us we just HAD to venture over to Jackson Bay and try the best fish and chips you’ll find on the west coast of the South Island. We cruise down a road hugging a calm, blue Tasman Sea ‘til we literally...
Roys Peak, Otago 9381, New Zealand
The guidebooks say this is a difficult trek but well worth it. After a huffing and puffing trek to the top of Roy’s Peak, I would most certainly like to concur. 11k in approximately 4-5 hours, a decent level of fitness is most needed for this...
Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
In mid-May I spent a day kayaking in the idyllic Milford Sound—my first day in New Zealand. The water was cool and clean and the fog gave the Sound a mysterious feel. Kayaking offered the opportunity to get up close with some playful fur seal...
- 1TSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3How to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer
- 4Secluded Mountain Restaurants That Are Worth the Trek
- 5A Travel Company Wants to Send You on a 2,200-Mile Mystery Trip Through Central Asia