Collected by Anne Halsey Smith, AFAR Travel Advisor
Oneroa, Auckland, New Zealand
Only 35 minutes away from Auckland City by ferry, Mudbrick Restaurant is one of the gems of Waiheke Island. A short taxi ride from Matiatia Wharf and you're there - trying to decide whether you should be looking at the view or the menu. A...
Newbury St, Manukau, Auckland 2023, New Zealand
Saturday morning and this is the place to be to get a true slice of the Pacific. The Otara Flea Markets have rows and rows of fresh fruit, clothing, bric-a-brac and of course food, but it's the Polynesian colour and music that makes it so special....
Unit 3 a, Matiatia wharf, Matiatia, 6 Oceanview Rd, Waiheke Island, Auckland 1081, New Zealand
We originally planned to rent bikes to visit the wineries on Waiheke Island, but due to the threat of rain, we decided to rent a car. Unexpectedly, we ended up with a roadster with bat-wing doors (felt like it would break down at any minute, but...
150 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
"Institution" doesn’t begin to describe this eatery, where patrons are followed by TV cameras, the staff giggle and scream with laughter, the passers-by pretend not to see who’s eating there and the wine just keeps on flowing. SPQR...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December