New York (Upstate)
Collected by Jessica frank
90 Armstrong Rd, Johnsburg, NY 12843, USA
This family-owned retreat within Adirondack State Park is geared toward campers who want comfort. Adirondack chairs (of course) sit on the decks of six canvas tents equipped with wood-burning stoves and cedar-lined showers. The platform...
161 2nd House Rd, Montauk, NY 11954, USA
It’s a hot August day, and I’m in the hip fishing village of Montauk, New York, at the tip of Long Island. Three friends and I just arrived at Ruschmeyer’s, a Neverland for summer-loving grown-ups who want to relive their childhood camp memories....
1 Museum Rd, New Windsor, NY 12553, USA
If fall colors and art are your thing, a visit to the Storm King Art Center in Upstate New York must be on your travel checklist. Acres upon acres of colourful foliage and imposing metal sculptures, make this a worthwhile day trip to escape the...
2678 Lower Lake Rd, Seneca Falls, NY 13148, USA
The state park system of New York has chosen some of the most beautiful spots in the state for its public camping grounds, and this one is a great example of how the community utilizes the grounds year round. The park begins along the lakeside and...
Woodstock, NY, USA
About forty minutes after you start Overlook Mountain trail in Woodstock suddenly without any warning the ruins of Overlook Mountain House rise in their most haunted and cryptic look in front of you. Only four outer walls and main staircases of...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December