New York, New York
Collected by Alexandra Daley
9 E 13th St, New York, NY 10003, USA
I always enjoy reading the sandwich board outside of my local coffee house in New York's West Village. It's usually scrawled not with the day's offerings but some witty phrase or dictum. On a recent evening, walking to the subway to meet friends...
828 Broadway, New York, NY 10003, USA
If you love books, a visit to the world-famous Strand Book store is a must when you go to New York. The store is most famous for having 18 miles of books which can be overwhelming when you first walk in but everything is super organized on all...
189 Spring St, New York, NY 10012, USA
Dominique Ansel was a pastry chef at Fauchon in Paris and at Daniel for 6 years until he decided to open up this adorable little Parisian-style pastry shop. There you will find savory offerings for lunch but also, a beautiful array of tested and...
111 N 3rd St, Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
OK, OK - we all know by now that Brooklyn is ground zero for New York's artisanal food movement. But a chocolate factory in the middle of so-hip-it-hurts Williamsburg is still a pretty cool prospect. Created by real-life brothers Rick and Michael...
Old Dock St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
You know a carousel must be quite special if it is the first to make the National Register of Historic Places. Jane's Carousel, located in Brooklyn Bridge Park in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn, is truly unique. The fully-restored antique carousel...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign