Collected by Kristen Blume
89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
Stepping into the enormous main concourse of this landmarked architectural jewel—with its sweeping granite staircases, hulking columns and 38-meter (125-foot) ceilings painted with night-sky constellations—can be a jaw-dropping experience. What’s...
Main St, Roosevelt Island, NY 10044, USA
For panoramic views of the entire city—for the price of a subway ride—take the Roosevelt Island Tram. As the suspended car runs parallel to the bridge, spanning the gap between Manhattan and Roosevelt Island, you'll have unparalleled vistas of the...
200 Fifth Avenue, Roof, New York, NY 10010, United States
This rooftop brewery (yep, rooftop brewery!) is hidden above Eataly on 5th Ave. Find the secret elevator behind the pots and pans section and take it to the 14th floor. The bar/brewery is spacious and has a great view, plus it is the only cask ale...
334 Furman St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Completed in 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge is an engineering wonder and an architectural one as well, a masterpiece of design that has inspired acclaimed poets (Hart Crane, Marianne Moore), writers (Jack Kerouac), and painters (Joseph Stella). While...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna