New Year's Eve Destinations
Collected by Natalie Taylor , AFAR Local Expert
After you’ve canoed, sailed, scuba dived, and visited the resort’s sanctuary for the critically endangered hawksbill turtle, you’ll be ready to recline on your patio for a view of the extinct 2,300-foot Mount Otemanu volcano....
Boracay, Malay, Philippines
Even during the low season White Beach on Boracay Island is full on. Dance music blares out of clubs and bars. Restaurant hawkers shout out their daily deals in front of massive seafood buffets. Korean tour groups block the beach path and touts...
Circular Quay Railway Station, Alfred St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
For a relaxing rainy morning on the harbor, there are many covered restaurants along the outer edges of Circular Quay at which you can sit and soak in the view with a cup of coffee or tea. As the day progresses, watch the Quay fill with people as...
1003 Upper Fort St, Millers Point NSW 2000, Australia
We visited Sydney for the first time for New Year's Eve 2011, joining 2 million other people all vying to to get a good view of the world renowned fireworks on the Sydney Harbour. We're both a bit wary of crowds and long queues, but we didn't want...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico