New Year's Eve Destinations
Collected by Natalie Taylor, AFAR Local Expert
After you’ve canoed, sailed, scuba dived, and visited the resort’s sanctuary for the critically endangered hawksbill turtle, you’ll be ready to recline on your patio for a view of the extinct 2,300-foot Mount Otemanu volcano....
Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG, UK
In Scottish, Hogmanay means the last day of the year. It's a time for celebration to welcome in the new year. And no place does it better than Edinburgh. Its three days of celebrations begin with a torchlight procession on December 30 where 40,000...
Boracay, Malay, Philippines
One of things I love about Boracay are the sunsets. Every day, or even every trip I've taken, I experienced very interesting sunsets, with the skies creating all sorts of colors and patterns during the golden hour (first and last hour of sunlight)...
Circular Quay Railway Station, Alfred St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
For a relaxing rainy morning on the harbor, there are many covered restaurants along the outer edges of Circular Quay at which you can sit and soak in the view with a cup of coffee or tea. As the day progresses, watch the Quay fill with people as...
1003 Upper Fort St, Millers Point NSW 2000, Australia
We visited Sydney for the first time for New Year's Eve 2011, joining 2 million other people all vying to to get a good view of the world renowned fireworks on the Sydney Harbour. We're both a bit wary of crowds and long queues, but we didn't want...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village