New Year's Around the World
Collected by Jessica S., AFAR Contributor
69 ถนน นครปฐม ติด คลอง Khwaeng Dusit, Khet Dusit, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10300, Thailand
We spent our first day in Bangkok walking through the older part of the city and visiting its popular temples. When at the end of the long day we arrived at Wat Benchamabophit, a magnificent temple constructed with Italian Carrara marble in 1899,...
Boracay, Malay, Philippines
One of things I love about Boracay are the sunsets. Every day, or even every trip I've taken, I experienced very interesting sunsets, with the skies creating all sorts of colors and patterns during the golden hour (first and last hour of sunlight)...
Luang Prabang, Laos
Hundreds of Kongming lanterns, or wishing lanterns, illuminated the night sky of Luang Prabang on New Year's Eve. The center of town turned into one big party centered around the night market. Festivities included a lot of bad karaoke music and a...
After a New Years Eve celebration at the Kirawira Tented Camp on the Serengeti, we retired to our luxurious tent cabins on a bluff overlooking the plains. During the night we were enveloped by the sounds of Zebras, Hyenas, and the occasional Lion....
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World