New Spots In India
Collected by Greg Sullivan , AFAR Founder
D.32/162 Bengalitola Road Behind Bowl of Compassion Cafe, Bangali Tola, Devnathpur, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
When you step out of a cab from the airport, this will likely be your first sight of Varanasi. It was mine when I visited this Hindu holy city in January 2013. I was initially so overwhelmed by my first few seconds there, I had to pull out my...
Newada Samogar, Uttar Pradesh 211009, India
Kumbh Mela is a perfect habitat for exploring "cultural curiosity." It forms a place for the salvation of mankind who wish to be free of the cycle of life and death. No small theme for the world’s biggest gathering. The crowd on the main days is...
Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India
While Kumbh Mela occurs every 3 years in 4 different Indian locations, the Maha Mela is every 12 years near Allahabad, just over 100 kilometers from Varanasi. We hired a driver with the intent of visiting two temples along the way and used the...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Europe Proposes Extending Travel Ban Until June 15
- 3 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Countries Coming Out of Lockdown
- 4 Travel News Iceland Begins to Reopen After Rigorous Testing Helps Contain Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Longreads Inside the Growing Community of Families on the Road, Full Time