Collected by Lee Manford
1909 N Broad St, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
“This laid back lounge is one of my favorite places to see live modern jazz,” Melissa says about this triangular-shaped club which sits at the intersection of North Broad Street and St. Bernard Avenue. “Only the best and most acclaimed local...
310 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
When Melissa wants “a decadent French Quarter dinner in an atmosphere that's casual, but modern and swanky,” she heads to SoBou at the W Hotel on Chartres Street. “Last time I was there,” she says, “I had a dish called the Louisiana Geaux Fish and...
701 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
At the southern corner of Armstrong Park, Congo Square was first designated as a gathering place for slaves in 1817. Since the eighteenth century slaves had been given Sundays off, and the Square, which sat just outside the French Quarter across...
City Park, New Orleans, LA, USA
New Orleans' green spaces run the gamut from City Park, which spans 1,300 acres and is the 6th largest urban park in the United States, to the city block-sized Jackson Square, a French Quarter gathering point for artists, musicians, and street...
8316 Oak St, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
The Maple Leaf Bar on Oak Street in the Garden District is a classic New Orleans venue, with its tin-roof ceilings and foot-stomping music. Both up-and-coming and world-famous musicians have performed on its stage and drank at its bar over the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village