Collected by Blaire Ottoboni
8120 Hampson St, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
This past weekend I had one of the best brunches of my life at La Macarena. I ordered the Vegetarian Spanish Breakfast: sweet corn tamale, cheese pupusa, refried beans, sweet fried plantains & avocado. It was like a little bit of heaven...
1107 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Molly’s is considered a journalists bar. When Andrei Codrescu lived in New Orleans he frequented the place. The owner keeps it open during hurricanes, and in the days after Katrina, the bar kept the neighbors that did not evacuate in warm...
2800 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115, USA
Exposed brick, dark wood and plenty of natural light beget the handsome space at Coquette, which occupies an unassuming corner on Magazine Street in the tony Garden District. Chef Michael Stoltzfus marries his Eastern Shore sensibilities (crab...
130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
A Sazerac is composed of whiskey and absinthe, and nowhere sports classier digs for this signature cocktail than the Sazerac Bar of the Roosevelt Hotel in downtown New Orleans, where the low lights flow over heavy wood tables and the big leather...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December