Collected by Meghan Sebold
900 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
After taking a wrong turn and stumbling upon the New Orleans Convention Center, I noticed an interesting nearby sculpture. The public art piece, a house in a tree, is a memorial for Hurricane Katrina. Artist Sally Heller created this sculpture...
2401 St Ann St, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
It was a hot day and the line was long, but the fried chicken (apparently, the secret is in the coca-cola marinade) was crispy, juicy, and just a little bit spicy. I ate all three pieces – and probably could have had more. Don't even bother with...
514 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Chef Tory McPhail was recently named James Beard's Best Chef South and his forward-looking take on Creole classics keeps this New Orleans institution, which has launched the careers of the likes of Paul Prudhomme and Emeril Lagasse, current....
130 Roosevelt Way, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Originally opened in 1893 as the Grunewald, this landmark hotel has endured expansions, tear downs, and colorful characters aplenty (Huey Long kept a suite here in the 1930s). In its most recent incarnation, the 504-room hotel has been...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign