New 7 Wonders of the World
Collected by Patrick Christman
The Great Wall of China runs more than 21,000 kilometers (over 13,000 miles), not as one continuous wall but rather as fortified wall sections. Some of the sections date back more than 2,500 years, though only 8.2 percent of the existing wall is...
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan
At the other end of Petra, some 800 well-worn steps up, lies the valley's largest structure, the Monastery. It dates back to the 1st century and is dedicated to Obadas I, the king of the Nabataeans from 96 B.C.E. to 85 B.C.E. After the emotional...
Av. João Luiz Alves, 378 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22291-090, Brazil
While in Rio you must go to Sugarloaf Mountain. It has beautiful views of the entire city. I went on a day that was misty and cloudy and was a little disappointed that I couldn't see the Christ the Redeemer statue from the mountain, but soon the...
00184 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
No matter how many postcards you've seen of Rome's iconic Colosseum, you just don't get it until you pass beneath its crumbling arches. Built by Emperor Vespasian in 72 C.E., the huge amphitheater held 50,000 spectators and marked its...
Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India
The Taj Mahal is referred to as "the jewel of Muslim art in India,” by UNESCO in its listing on the World Heritage Site registry. The Mughal ruler Shah Jahan had the truly magnificent white marble...
- 1 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 2 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 3 National Parks California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 4 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 5 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals