Collected by Christine Katsev
Namche Bazar, Namche 56000, Nepal
Ever gotten tipsy at 11,286 feet (3,440m)? No climb or trek through Nepal's widely travelled Solukhumbu region is truly complete--or properly started--without a high-altitude night on the town in Namche Bazaar: a small, Himalayan hamlet that...
Driving from Kathmandu to Pokhara (the starting point for many treks in Nepal) on a Greenline bus (including a stop for lunch and two bathroom breaks) takes about 7 hours but the views are spectacular. Rivers, rice paddies and small town life are...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun