Collected by Amanda Walker
Ring Rd, काठमाडौँ 44600, Nepal
Although you wake up at the crack of dawn to see the moutain range at its clearest, it's well worth the early morning haul to the airport. There are several local airlines that will take you on a small plane on a one hour round trip flight from...
Ganga Path, Kathamndu 44600, Nepal
A definite tourist requirement while in Kathmandu is a visit Durbar Square, the plaza in front of the old royal palace of the Kathmandu Kingdom. Grab a map, pay your entrance fee and explore all the lovely temples and palaces. The architecture is...
Banasthali, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
The morning before Losar, at Denchek Phuntsok Jargye Ling Monastery, young monks and initiates donned traditional costumes to observe centuries long rituals. As boys somersaulted and twirled, a small intimate crowd of Tibetans cheered. They have...
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Tourists call it the “Monkey Temple,” owing to the clans of rhesus macaque wandering through the grottos and recesses of this ancient shrine. The monkeys climb where they please, siblings squabble, parents scold and protect—a parallel simian...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun