Collected by Evan
01022 Civita di Bagnoregio, VT, Italy
Civita is a charming totally medieval city just outside of Bagnoregio, Lazio, Italy. It only has a handful of permanent residents, hence the nickname the 'dying city'. You must climb a long (900') bridge to get to the city as it is only accessible...
Via Ombrone, 1, 05018 Orvieto TR, Italy
Where's the beef? Who cares - when you come to Orvieto the thing to eat is "porchetta" and they do it in so many different ways that you'll just have to try them all. Either hit a restaurant or just go to one of the butcher shops and try a bit of...
01030 Calcata Vecchia VT, Italy
Abandoned in the 1960s for fear its cliffs were crumbling, Calcata, Italy was discovered by hippies and artists soon after and today, the "paese dei fricchettone," is still made up of the same "freaks." I lived in Calcata, wedged between Tuscany...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December