Collected by Natalie Alves
Natalie Alves′s Wishlist
Los Arrayanes, 20100 Punta del Este, Departamento de Maldonado, Uruguay
Punta del Este’s Ralli Museum (there are five Ralli Museums around the world; this was the first) is full of Latin American and European works amassed by the museum’s late benefactor, Greek banker Harry Recanati. He founded the Ralli so visitors—...
Ituzaingó 1447, 11000 Montevideo, Uruguay
The tiny Café Brasilero (it measures less than 56 square meters) has played a large role in Montevideo’s cultural life. This Ciudad Vieja establishment is the city’s oldest café, having been founded in 1877. The walls are decorated with...
José Ellauri 350, 11300 Montevideo, Uruguay
The Punta Carretas neighborhood is home to the Parque Rodó, a stretch of the waterfront Rambla, and one of Montevideo’s more unusual shopping malls. Punta Carretas Shopping is located inside a former women’s prison. There’s a selection of familiar...
Mar mediterraneo punta ballena, Camino a la Ballena, 20003 Punta Ballena, Departamento de Maldonado, Uruguay
Punta del Este is the go-to summer vacation spot for the elite from Buenos Aires and beyond. In addition to casinos and mega yachts, you’ll find distinctive architecture, secluded beaches, and a thriving local art scene. Sculptor and painter...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022