Collected by Natalia Hernandez
Natalia Hernandez′s Wishlist
Though most visitors to Chimfunshi Wildlife Orphanage (http://www.chimfunshi.org.za/) visit for a few weeks or more via an organized university group or long-term volunteer agreement, my renegade, four-night visit was a definite highlight of three...
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Botswana’s most famous crafts are baskets woven from fan palm fibers. They are dyed with natural pigments: blue from fever-berry leaves, dark brown from magic guarri shrubs, and yellow from the roots of red star apple trees. Some baskets take a...
Subarnapur 44200, Nepal
When I found out I was going to Nepal I think I was most excited to visit Chitwan and to interact with the mahouts and see the beauty of the elephants. They literally will stroll down the street kissing you for bananas or attracting attention from...
The laminated computer printout on the shop wall claims they have hosted Brangelina multiple times on their ATVs, which they have proudly named after these guests (or they say). A 2-hour quad bike ride through the white sand dunes of Swakopmund,...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos