Collected by Diane Weber
1450 1st St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
1 Main St, St Helena, CA 94574, USA
Tucked away on an eight-acre estate at the top of St. Helena’s main street, the Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer could easily be mistaken for a private country manse somewhere in England, or even northern France. Its lush gardens are traversed...
1275 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
If you guess this to be an explosion of delicious sweetness in the form of tiramisu cloaked in milk chocolate, then you're right. No, it didn't come from a countryside baker in Italy, but rather aboard the Napa Valley Wine Train. Touristy as it...
Silverado Trail, Napa, CA, USA
The rolling hills of Napa Valley make for great hiking--they're not too tall, so it's not too strenuous, but the views of the vineyards and surrounding nature are priceless. If you have the good fortune to visit more than once, in different...
1712 Lincoln Ave, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
Usually, the phrase “taking the waters” is reserved for European spa-goers, but, if Californians have adopted the phrase, it’s thanks to Indian Springs and its founder, Samuel Brannan. Brannan opened the resort in 1862 as a...
755 Silverado Trail N, Calistoga, CA 94515, USA
The sleepy town of Calistoga has long been known for its historic spa resorts—retro hotels whose hot springs are their biggest (and, in some cases, only) attraction. With its sleek, loft-meets-winebarn look and luxury sensibilities aimed at...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local