Collected by Nancy Bishop
Nancy Bishop′s Wishlist
Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
I had been skeptical of the Venetian gondola ride, thinking it too touristy and overpriced. Last summer, however, I discovered what is so special about this Venetian tradition. A gondola ride provides a unique view of Venice from the quiet...
Calle Lion, 3383, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
We spent the day walking around Venice and getting lost in its wonderful maze of streets. The end of the day found us facing this large church as the cat-in-the-cradle moon hung low in the sky. Randy went onto the bridge for a better view and...
Dorsoduro, 1, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
We came into Venice from the sea which is the way to see a city that is so influenced by the waters that surround and flow through it. As you can see from the picture that weather was perfect. We went in mid October and it was still in the...
Ul. Antuna Kuzmanića 13, 21000, Split, Croatia
On a weekend afternoon, we went to the vineyard cottage of our winemaker friend, who lives near seaside Split. Four hundred meters above the Adriatic Sea, we learned more about Dalmatian cuisine while savoring grilled fish, a mixture of wild...
1, Viale Galileo Galilei, 30, 30173 Venezia VE, Italy
On a humid morning in August, I landed at Aeroporto Marco Polo, hired a water taxi using my fragmented Italian, and struggled to carry my three suitcases down to the airport's dock. Tired and hot, I found my water taxi and collapsed on the seats...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna