Collected by Michelle Waite
The best of an October 2012 visit to Myanmar (Burma) - Yangon, Bagan, Inle Lake and Ngapali Beach.
Near Tharabar Gate, Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
The temples and pagodas/stupas are amazing in Bagan...they have been photographed quite a bit. Took a boat ride on the Ayerwaddy (Irrawaddy) River. After making a brief stopover and walking through the Kyauk Gu Ohmin cave temples from the 11th...
Kaung Daing Village Nyaung Shwe Township Southern Shan State Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma)
A visit to the local 5-day rotating farmer's market - where the hill tribes like the PaO people do their shopping - is something not to be missed at Inle Lake in Myanmar. Enjoy flattened rice cakes and juice directly out of the coconut while...
Mya Pyin Village Ngapali Beach Thandwe Rakhine State, Myanmar (Burma)
Who would have thought you could find caribbean blue waters on the west coast of Myanmar on the Bay of Bengal? This amazing beach has not yet been inundated with tourists, but still has easy access with a local airport (Thandwe) with flights from...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet