Collected by Ruth A Warren
Maha Bandula Park Street, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Join the crowd of courting couples, families and individuals all enjoying the end of the day while taking in the sights that surround the Garden. On one side the Sule Paya, on another the old High Court, City Hall (pictured) taking up another part...
92 Strand Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Have a draught Dagon (the local Myanmar beer) at the bar of the venerable Strand Hotel in Yangon. Built in 1901 by the Sarkies brothers who were also responsible for the Raffles in Singapore and the E and O in Penang, the bar with its efficient...
39 Golden Valley, ရန်ကုန်, Myanmar (Burma)
Located in the area of Yangon known as 'Golden Valley,' the Mangosteen Mansion is an artisan workshop, gallery and showroom as well as the 20 year residence and work-space of famed French sculpture artist and designer Patrick Robert. In addition...
85-87 Thein Phyu Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
This delightful restaurant serves up a variety of Southeast-Asian cuisines, from Myanmar, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. The decor is friendly and ambient. There is a fair trade shop above the restaurant called 'Helping Hands' which showcases...
Be Kind To Animals The Moon is an outstanding cute charming restaurant just past the Thralabar Gates in Old Bagan. The food is wonderful, vegetarian true, but I have never heard anyone complain about the lack of meat here. Great curries, fresh...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos