Collected by AFAR Explorer
Strand Rd, Yangon MMR013017, Myanmar (Burma)
If you're looking for an authentic shopping experience, you can do worse than the Night Market at the Botataung Paya. The Paya, located near the river in Southern Rangoon, is one of the city's grandest sights lit up at night. On the Paya grounds...
Near Tharabar Gate, Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
The temples and pagodas/stupas are amazing in Bagan...they have been photographed quite a bit. Took a boat ride on the Ayerwaddy (Irrawaddy) River. After making a brief stopover and walking through the Kyauk Gu Ohmin cave temples from the 11th...
Kan Yeik Tha Road, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Rudyard Kipling was right, "it is unlike any place you know about..." but as I sat there watching the fireworks near Kandawagyi Lake in Rangoon, I couldn't help but think that this country on the verge of democracy was truly unlike any place I had...
Nyaung-U, Myanmar (Burma)
Nobody should miss the sunrise in Bagan or Nyaung U- it is definitely one of the highlights of any trip to Burma. But with 6,000 temples scattered across the area of Nyaung U and Bagan, you can look for your own spot to watch the sun setting over...
Kamaryut, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
There are many characters in Yangon, but none more fabulous than the Fabulous Mr. Kyi who has the most remarkable store, jammed pack with antiques, almost antiques, folk art, real art and curious. It's tucked down a side street off of Than Lwin...
Pabedan, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Wonderful restaurant serving great food and helping the youth of Yangon get off the street and to work (it's a restaurant! it's a shelter! it's amazing!) Look for the sign (pictured) and then up the stairs. Amazingly good food, great prices and...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States